Task 3: The importance of communication skills for engineers

 Quote:

"Communication skills are an essential component in the education of engineering students to facilitate not just students' education but also to prepare them for their future careers."

Marc Riemer, Faculty of Engineering, Monash University (2007) 

Paraphrased Quote & Explanation:

According to Marc Riemer, it is imperative that engineering students master the art of communication because it is a soft talent that can be applied across industries and is crucial in the workplace, where having strong communication skills can help advance one's career. In my opinion, I think that engineers need to be educated in a range of communication abilities, such as oral, listening, writing, visual, inter-disciplinary, and cross-cultural. This in turn has an effect on recruitment and retention in engineering studies.

Comments

  1. I agree that engineers need to be educated in different kinds of communication skills to better equip oneself for their future careers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yong Keat, thank you for your comment! Will see you soon in class! Keep slaying.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you that having strong communication skills is essential for one’s development in their careers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chiu Pin, I am glad that you concur with my paraphrase. See you around in class! Happy Chinese New Year.

      Delete
  3. Hello Timothy, thank you for paraphrasing and sharing your opinion about the quote! I agree with you that having strong communication skills can allow one to develop their career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yen Jee, my long time table partner. I appreciate the time you took to comment on my post. I hope my paraphrase opens up your thoughts about having strong communication skills.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts